Monday, February 20, 2023

Just a quick wrap-up.


October 18-19


The weather had been chilly and windy for much of the trip. There was snow in the forecast for Tuesday, so I stayed in all day.


I didn’t even have to leave for dinner. There’s a bar called Pub & Grub in the Red Roof building. I had a not-great, but decent Philly cheese steak and a salad.


I went back to drinking wine so I wouldn’t bloat so much. 


The snow didn’t come, and I left Wednesday. The road was fairly open for most of the trip home. 


The drive started out in the rain. Then before I reached the I-81 interchange, it was clear sailing. 


I had expected it to take more than four hours, but not so. I left the Red Roof parking lot at 11:38. I had time to spare and checked into La Quinta in Fairfield, where I am now, at 2:18.


Rain, cloud or sunshine, Interstate 80 was decorated for fall.


The photo of the day was taken on my first day out, at an overlook on I-80 a few miles from the Delaware Water Gap on the New Jersey side. 


Be well, everyone, and watch out for the snow. I’m afraid it’s coming. Ouch.


Love to all.


Harry


No comments:

Post a Comment